Withheld Words


Take me back to when I was a child
Where the insecurities hadn’t found me
To when I was oblivious and free
From the weight of responsibility 
No one told me that as an adult
I would fail under pressure
And no one knew that I’d become
Afraid and insecure
I’d like to know what I’d be like
I’d like to know if I’d be different
If my childhood growing up 
Had an alternative previously written
I cannot place the blame
For I’ve never had all the answers
But I know there’s things I wish I could change
That I know would be for the better
Do you believe me when I say
That I’m not like this in my head?
My actions have always lined up with
All the things I’ve said
But you haven’t heard the half of it
I am better than you think
I’m afraid that as I live my life
Half of me will continue to sink
This breath I keep replenishing
Always forces me to live
But I find no joy in having to withhold
The words I want to give

~ olivia jane

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment