Home

I've watched the sparks fly upward
I've caught the sunlight rays
I've hiked the hardest mountains
And raced the emus on the plains

I've seen the natives of this nation
I've met Aussies here and there
I've trekked across a sunburnt land
Where the precious water's rare

I've camped upon her rocky earth
I've howled the dingoes at night
I've heard how loud the foxes bark
And I've watched the wedgies fly

I've felt the outback's bitter cold
I've smelled the summer breeze
Travelled over gravelled roads
From desertland to trees

I've dusted red my riding boots
I've been to where I've never been
For what it's worth I know they're fair
Our colours of gold and green

In my heart I swell with pride
For this country wild and free
To know that I will always belong
In this wide brown land for me

- olivia jane 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment