Net/notworking

 networking

/ˈnɛtwəːkɪŋ/

noun: networking

1. the action or process of interacting with others to exchange information and develop professional or social contacts.


It's weird how normal social skills have had to become a part of what I do for work. In one way, it is amazing the connections that can be traced to and from every which and way through so many different avenues of faith to similar interests to work to church to mutual friends & acquaintances. It's sooo exciting to meet people and find where we all fit in this great big world.


In another way, it's tricky to separate the work from the ministry from the personal from normal life.


It's a messy combination of worlds that I haven't managed to untangle, to keep completely separate or even walk the line through the conglomeration of lives. I don't think any of those strategies will ever evolve perfectly over these coming years. Maybe it doesn't all need to be so black and white, so distinct. 

Ultimately, the main thing I want people to see and know from their interaction with me, be it big or small, is that Jesus is King and I care about people loving and growing in Him - whether that be someone I met on mission who becomes a friend, a friend who becomes a camp colleague, a pastor who becomes a mentor, a mentor who becomes more of a work colleague, a work colleague that turns into a friend, the ones I have incidentally hurt or offended by seeming to relate to them on a work level instead of a personal one or vice versa, ex friends who still follow me for God only knows why, the ones whose messages I take for granted by never replying, my siblings, parents & family, the ones who have stuck by me, the ones to whom I am barely a name...


I'm finding gratefulness difficult these days. I want to say I'm thankful for this season - where my heart feels like it's constantly tearing in places it shouldn't and I'm falling apart again and again from trying to find the balance.


I read my Leadership Conference letter the other day as well (we write a letter to ourselves at Conference and get it in the mail a year later, before next Conference rolls round). And I was exhorting myself to not give up when it gets hard.


If you find yourself in a similar place, I hope you are encouraged to see that gratitude is a choice, and so is giving up. So join me in hiding words of Hope in our hearts, so we can persevere and give it our best in running the race. 

“For we shall yet praise Him”!!


Hebrews 12:1-2.

Psalm 42.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment